If you had an awesome childhood, it would mean waking up to drinking Milo with your breakfast before heading to school. If you can’t say that was the case, then it’s never too late to whip up some good ol’ Milo. Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby give you the Perfect(at least so far, to my knowledge) Milo Drink Recipe. This is a result of years and years of trial and error, and so far I still can’t beat this personal best discovery.
- Grab a standard size mug (about 250-300mL size)
- Put 1 and 1/2 heaping tablespoons of Milo (the Milo can calls for 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon, but it’s just not enough 😉 )
- Add 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of condensed milk
- pour a small amount of hot water(from thermos / heater) just enough to cover the milo / condensed milk layer. This should be just about 3/4 inch of the mug or less. DO NOT PUT TOO MUCH WATER. This is just to dissolve the Milo. (Milo can’t be properly dissolved in not-hot water). Mix it to your heart’s content until it’s got that creamy chocolate-y goodness look.
- Pour cold milk to fill up the rest of the mug. (No diet / skimmed / 2% milk! Use the real good stuff.)
- Add some ice for added coldness! (not too much otherwise the ice will water down the flavor)
- Throw in a spoonful of Milo on top of the already-cold mix! Because, like I said, Milo can’t decently dissolve in not-hot water, the Milo will either remain on top(Also ummy to drink Milo half-drink half-powdered while you sip it) and/or form little hard round drops of Milo (the wetness makes the group of Milo round up, but it’s dry inside) resulting into crunchy tiny bites. We discovered this because my yaya was always rushing in the morning and for a busy season, she didn’t mix our Milo well, creating these crunchy Milo drops.
There you go. I shared you one of my life’s secrets. 😉 Hope you all get to try it out soon. You will definitely not regret it.
P.S. This is my first guest blog on here, how did I do?